One of my current projects is to assist RLR Yachting in bringing to life the inaurgral J Cup Malta regatta in April. RLR Yachting are the J-Boat agent for the country and the concept was to create an event that would bring together exisiting J-boat owners for three days of high quality racing to rejuvenate the fleet after a sluggish 2020 season. It is also an exciting opportunity to show case the J99, which is the latest J-boat design on the market and the first of it’s class in Malta.
My role in the project has included:
- Creating the event poster based on client’s brief
- Providing the event poster in a variety of formats suitable for different platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram and print
- Drafting event documents including Notice of Race and Competitor Welcome Pack and Event Schedule documents.
- Creating an event timings run sheet and getting quotes from relevant suppliers (ie, flag supplier, event t-shirts, catering etc)
- Creating the J-Cup event page which features an embedded Google form for competitor registration
- Designing the event t-shirt and getting print quotes together for client’s selection
- Creating social media content on a 3 x weekly basis in the run up to the event – this is mainly on Instagram but will include a 1 x weekly blog post in the final 4 weeks before the regatta